Saturday, May 26, 2012

He Must Increase - Day 146

Faith is something that is builds up over the course of your life in Christ. Heb 11:1-2 says, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." To get that kind of faith we have actually hope that something is going to happen. We need to have a need that we don't know how to meet. These things cause us to rely on God, to wait on God, and to see what happens. When the ending is still uncertain we wrestle with the question, "Do I really believe that God is going to do what he says he's going to do?" Every time we come through one of those situations that requires dependence on God, our faith in increased.

I'm sitting in Shari's about to have a church finance meeting and you know what? They really used to freak me out! But not anymore. I've seen God string together a budget from absolute nothing. I've seen gifts show up that I never saw coming. I've seen financial surprises that could only be attributed to God. I've found faith through the experiences of not now know "what we're going do." And now, at the is point in my life, I welcome those times of uncertainty because I know on the other side of them...and they don't last forever...that we find faith.

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Nehemiah 7

No comments:

Post a Comment