Thursday, May 24, 2012

He Must Increase - Day 144

Yesterday day from 8am-3pm was the worst 7 hours I can remember in recent history. I won't go into it. But this morning God's assuring presence was there again to start my day off with hope and promise. I'm often surprised at the great statements of faith and joy that come from biblical authors who were under duress. I was thinking of Lamentations this morning during my quiet time. If you have never read Lamentations you could still guess what it's about. Everything has hit the fan, hope seems lost, the worst case scenario has happened. And yet, in the midst of all that Jeremiah writes,

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning."

That Scripture was lived out in my life today. Praise God for his steadfast love...

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Nehemiah 1-3

1 comment: