Friday, May 18, 2012

He Must Increase - Day 138

In my devotional reading this morning I came across a line in 2 Chronicles 31 that was insightful. Verse 21 says, " In all that he did in the service of the Temple of God and in his efforts to follow the law and the commands, Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful." I was just thinking how true this struck me. Sometimes people abuse these kinds of statements and promise prosperity and success to those who behave themselves. I don't believe in writing checks and expecting God to cash them. But I will say that my life experience (so far) leads me to believe that what was true for Hezekiah is generally true for us. At the very least most of us could testify that things in our life are going better when we're going with God. Success in family, marriage, work, ministry, finances, friendships, work (etc) seems more likely when we bring those areas of our life under God's authority. Love to hear any feedback on this or testimonies!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 1 Chronicles 28-31

1 comment:

  1. Looking back, I can see God's blessing in my life and I know that what I offer him, he works in and makes better than I could have imagined. Looking forward, I have no ability to see where life goes from here. People pass away, bills come due and changes leave their mark on us. But I trust in the Lord, knowing when this has passed His presence will be revealed here as well. I step out out in faith but try not to get ahead of God, for the fall will be my own. But moving with Him and accepting His Lordship in an area of my life brings a rightness to my mind that is more than wealth or stuff, it is will, mine after His... And where I belong.

    ReplyDelete