Monday, May 14, 2012

HE MUST INCREASE - DAY 134

This morning I got up early and immediately turned my thoughts to my huge list of things to get done. It's Monday after all, and I have a whole week's work of stuff to check off the list. But as I started to plot the destruction of my checklist, I remembered that my life cannot be lived one checklist at a time. I mean, it could, but I don't want it to be. I want to live a life that is fed by the Spirit of God. And when I get into checklist mode it's hard to hear the Spirit's voice. So today I began the day by going on a walk and praying. And listening. And being thankful. It doesn't matter what the rest of the day throws at me, I'm grounded in my faith, my heart is settled, my worries relinquished, and my soul satisfied. Now I can hit the checklist. Charge!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 1 Chronicles 13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment