Thursday, May 10, 2012

HE MUST INCREASE - DAY 130

I catch myself feeling hurried sometimes and wonder what the hurry is. I realize there are times when we need to hustle up and get something done, and there are other times when can take our time. The problem with our society's pace, as I see it, is we have no sense of balance. We hurry all the time. We design devices to help us hurry. We hurry our food, hurry our drive, hurry our devotions, hurry our kids around. Then, in the rare instance when we aren't hurrying, we collapse. I think of Solomon's words in Ecclesiastes where he asks, "What does man get for all his anxious striving?" In other words..."why do we live like this? What the point? How's that working?" My challenge today is for you to slow down. Enjoy the people around you. Take in the scenery. Pause for a moment and appreciate your food. Give some thought to the people around you. Pet your dog, smell the flowers,let the phone ring, say a longer dinner prayer...just slow down!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 1 Chronicles 28-2 Chronicles 1

No comments:

Post a Comment