Saturday, April 14, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 104

Because I church is in between youth leaders I had the opportunity to take a suburban full of high school students to the Boise Bible College preview. (I must insert a bit of a disclaimer at this point; I realize that several of my recent blog posts have been about feeling older...I realize I'm not old, or senile (yet) or as decrepit as others....but I'm feeling how I'm feeling so give me some slack!) While there I noticed three things; the music seemed loud to me, the college students seemed like they were children to me, and my tolerance for late night adolescent behavior has diminished greatly. I also don't sleep well on love seats for two consecutive nights....it makes me cranky!

But here's my take away. I was the way too young youth pastor watching older volunteers struggle. And now it's my turn to be that guy. Life marches on. Things change. Kids become parents; parents become grandparents; and even the most devoted youth pastors turn into lead pastors! (I know; it sounds like heresy but it's true)

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 1 Kings 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment