Monday, April 9, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 100

Yesterday I was wiped out after church and Easter lunch so I took a nap, which led to TV, followed by a second little nap, followed by TV...I think they call that snoozing. Around 9pm I was feeling fairly pathetic so I decided to go for a jog. That sounds pretty routine but it's not because I don't jog! I noticed two things as I jogged a measly two miles: First, I noticed that it was 9pm and still warm out. It was a signal that spring (and hopefully warmer weather) are on the way. The season is changing...ya! I also noticed that there was barely a step when something in a knee, foot, ankle, or lower back didn't hurt. I'm not injured mind you, just old enough to feel it when I run. The season is changing. Boo.

Seasons are like that. Reading 1 Corinthians 7 last week reminded me that part of living a content and godly life is being happy with the season you are in. It's enjoying where you are at instead of wishing to be somewhere else. It's finding what is right with right now, instead of holding on till something better comes. I don't know where your season is but enjoy it friend.

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 2 Samuel 16-18




.

1 comment:

  1. You get your amazing snoozing powers from Dad.

    ReplyDelete