Saturday, April 21, 2012

He Must Increase - 111

The two ladies at my house have been abuzz about the arrival of Spring. When you've had weeks of Oregon rain and the weatherman says "75" we they got excited. My jr. high daughter has been wearing shorts and t-shirts all week, and my wife keeps saying, "I can't wait!" It's a bit silly to get that excited about sunshine I suppose; but I share their enthusiasm. It can be dreary in the grayness and relentless rain. Get out the sunscreen and clean off the barbecue; the sun is coming! I was thinking this morning that our hope of heaven is the same way, or maybe it should be. As people of faith we know that something better is on the horizon. We know that the dreariness of life will one day fade away. There is day when the Son is going to burst through the clouds radiating with light and power. And everything that is wrong will be set right that day. But our we excited? Are we eager? Are we preparing ourselves for the occasion? The Son is coming! Read the Bible in One Year Plan: 2 Kings 1-3 .

No comments:

Post a Comment