Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 80

One of my favorite lines from the book of Judges is when the angel of the Lord says to Gideon, "Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!" (Jdg 6:12) I wish I could have been there because it seems like Gideon looked behind him to see who God was talking to. Gideon was hiding from the Midianites when the angel appeared to him. He questioned God's blessing because of the current suffering his people were enduring. He asked for two different signs because he wanted to be sure. When the time came for battle God said if you're scared go listen to what the enemy camp is saying. He went and listened which tells me he was scared!

We could easily defend Gideon as human; he was facing a massive army after all. But what strikes me as ironic is that God calls him a "hero" (or warrior). He honestly strikes me as the opposite...a weenie! But that's why I love this verse. God sees us differently than we see ourselves. We see ourselves as a weakling; he sees our God-given strength. We see our limitations; he sees our potential. We see all the obstacles; he sees opportunities. We see ourselves as damaged goods and he says, "My son" or my daughter". God sees us differently than we see ourselves. What false image of yourself have you bought into? What has the enemy reduced you to? Why couldn't God tap you on the shoulder and say, "mighty hero"? He may never do it, but HE IS WITH YOU!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Judges 6-7




.

No comments:

Post a Comment