Sunday, March 18, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 78

I can honestly say that my deepest fear centers around something that I am not in control of. My deepest fear doesn't keep me awake at night but it has tortured me on certain days. This is not a fear of snakes, spiders, or heights...it's a fear of a more spiritual nature. My greatest fear, is that my children might grow up and not love Jesus. I can imagine the reassuring words of friends and family. I also could imagine busybodies wondering what's wrong. Let me assure you my kids are doing fine.

The reason I bring this up has to do with the book of Judges. There is a famous line in 2:10 that I've always remembered. Here it is: "After that generation died, another generation grew up who did not acknowledge the LORD or remember the mighty things he had done for Israel." What a travesty. Joshua's generation is the one being referred to. They did things, saw things, and experienced things that were unbelievable. They moved mountains by faith and took hold of the Promised Land. But somewhere in the press to build a nation, the faith of their children was forgotten. What else are we to think? After the generation of men and women who led by faith had all died, their faith died with them.

I'd love to hear your thoughts below on how you're passing your faith on to your kids. Just click comment and write!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Judges 1-2




.

1 comment:

  1. Just recently I was convicted that I needed to teach my children to ask God first for help and not me. That I shouldn't be the first place they go to for conflict resolution but to the Throne of God. So now when they come to me upset/crying I help lead them in prayer, give them a quiet place to listen for God's leading. This means I often have to stop something I like to do, something I should do like dishes or dinner, and put their need to seek God above anyone else. Still a work in progress but the peace is undeniable in our home.

    Buffy

    ReplyDelete