Thursday, March 8, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 68

Yesterday had a chance to go hiking for about an hour and a half. I was alone but I wasn't by myself...because God goes with us! Right? I was listening to what he might be saying, trying to be open to his leading. The trail I took ended at a huge vineyard. I was kind of dumbfounded because I'd been thinking I was in some remote wilderness and I was actually just a stones throw from a huge wine making operation. But as soon as I saw that vineyard, a passage jumped in my mind.

John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." I repeated it over and over and then went back and read it from my Bible. I won't taint your impressions of that verse with mine, but what does it mean to you? Roll it around and post something in the comment box if you'd like.

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Deut 28-29




.

1 comment:

  1. Our "do it self" mentality starts at a very young age. My challenge is to remember I am absolutely incapable to do it (whatever the current "it" is) on my own. Type A's: Unite with me and pledge to surrender everything to Him!

    ReplyDelete