Friday, February 17, 2012

He Must Increase - Day 48

I had a chance to speak to a class full of students at a nearby Bible College yesterday about church planting and life in ministry. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the attitude of many of the students training for ministry. In an age where American citizens reflect an "entitlement" attitude, I met students who are not asking "what's in it for me?" I met several students who are planning to go work secular jobs and working at churches for free! For free! Their parents are going to freak out! Dave Ramsey would not approve. But what will Jesus think of such a person? Isn't that what Jesus is about? Selfless. Sacrificial. Giving. Servant-hearted. For the glory of God, not the advancement of self? I think Jesus will get the increase from such people, such devotion, such passion. "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." (John 3:30) Kids these days!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Numbers 14-15




.

No comments:

Post a Comment