Monday, February 13, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 44

Yesterday I had a chance to sit down with friends to a t-bone steak dinner...er...I mean a t-bone steak sermon! Our church had a theological issue that needed to be discussed and applied. Nothing bad, nothing abnormal, we just needed to decide how God's word on a certain issue will be carried out at our church. I did not call an open forum, I didn't look to our new converts, I called the Shepherds and their wives.

To the Corinthians church Paul said, "Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger." (1 Cor 3:1-3)

He wanted to get into the "meat" of God's word, but they were still infants. Infants choke on meat; they aren't developed enough to handle it. But mature people can handle meat no problem. While there is no shame in being a baby Christian, there is some shame to remaining a baby Christian. God wants all of us to become mature Christians so that we can handle the deeper truths of the faith. So that we have the teeth to chew on difficult things. Instead of choking on difficult teachings, we can swallow it. Chew on that.

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Numbers 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment