Saturday, February 4, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 35

Feeling rich today. I was thinking about the simple pleasures in life. Not waking up to an alarm clock. Looking outside and seeing the sun beaming down in February! Leftover Chinese food in the fridge calling my name. Ok, I digress. Life feels good in this moment, and it doesn't always feel good. So we should savor these moments, cherish them, relish in them. There's an infrequently mentioned verse I'm reminded of at these times. 1 Timothy 6:17 says, "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." Does God give us things purely for the sake of our enjoyment? May I answer with a resounding "yes"! So, are you rich? Ponder that...I'm heading for the fridge!

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Leviticus 11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment