Tuesday, January 3, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 3

As I write day three of this blog I'm realizing what an enormous task it will be to live in a way that puts Jesus in the spotlight. "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." (Jn 3:30) How can Jesus become greater and greater without some kind of change? How can there be more of one thing in my life without something else falling by the wayside? How can I possibly hope to elevate Jesus in my life without lowering something else? Someone else. John saw the connection clearly. For Jesus to get the increase, we must become less. For Jesus to take the place of prominence we must step out of the spotlight.

Paul said, "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." (Php 3:8) It sounds so extreme to take what I like, what I want, what I do and count it all as worthless! But what if(no guilt intended here) the one thing in our lives that we've treated as worthless has been Jesus? What if we've elevated all that we are and all that we care about to such high importance that we treat Jesus as a worthless person? What if we have treated the one of highest worth as though he's worthless? Then He is becoming less and less, and we are becoming hopelessly lost.

Challenge: Look for one chance to elevate Christ above yourself today. If you get the chance post your experience in the comment section, I'd love to hear about it.

Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Genesis 8-11




.

No comments:

Post a Comment