Saturday, January 14, 2012

He Must Increase-Day 14

Who gets the credit for what we accomplish? Though I am not a Denver Broncos fan, I've marveled at their quarterback's consistence praise of Jesus. Whenever Tim Tebow is interviewed he says, "First of all, I just want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Win or lose, facing praise or criticism, this Christ follower points people to Jesus. He (Jesus) gets the credit. Isn't that the spirit behind, "He must increase..?"

In my Scripture reading this morning I looked at the story of Joseph in prison. When the Pharaoh called on him to interpret a dream he had a simple response. He didn't take credit, didn't say, "No problem, I can do that." He said, “It is beyond my power to do this,” Joseph replied. “But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease.” (Gen 41:16)

It's beyond my power...but God can_________. (Fill in the blank) What if we emulated that humble attitude. If some compliments you, what do you say? "Thank you, but I'm nothing without God." If someone praises your ability? "I give all the credit to Jesus." What if someone criticizes you? "I'm sorry, my struggles sure remind me how much I need Jesus every day." (I'm serious on that!) What if someone puts the spotlight on you? "I give all the credit to Jesus Christ."

There was a book written about singer/songwriter Rich Mullins shortly after his death. This biography was simply titled, "An Arrow Pointing to Heaven." That's the goal of the Christian life. Be an arrow pointing to people Jesus.


Read the Bible in One Year Plan: Genesis 41-43




.

No comments:

Post a Comment